'Tis the Season of Giving…?
I’ve contributed to progressive candidates and causes heavily, especially since 2016. What does my contribution portfolio show?
- Elizabeth Warren is not president
- Bernie Sanders didn’t even get close to the nomination
- Democrats got more votes for senators, but lost the Senate in 2018
- Doug Jones lost his senate seat in 2020 (ok, he was doomed anyway)
- Cal Cunningham lost to Thom Tillis (because he failed to keep it zipped)
- Stacey Abrams did not become governor of Georgia
- Beto O’Rourke did not win anything
Assets (sort of):
- Democrats gained the House in 2018, but barely held on to it in 2020
- Mark Kelley did become a senator (Yay!)
- Raphael Warnock also became a senator, barely
- Jon Ossoff also also became a senator, by the skin of his teeth
- Democrats regained the Senate in 2020, but not really (See WV & AZ)
- Joe Biden won, but won’t pressure anybody to end the filibuster
You can see that I’m about as progressive as they come and put a lot of my money where my heart is. That’s why it hurts so much to see the GOP fattest cats lie, lie, lie, and then lie some more — and not just get away with it, but keep unrepresentative power.
All the “smart” money is on the GOP regaining the Senate and probably the House in 2022. Trump will run again in 2024 and win — no matter what the vote is.
No, I don’t remember what the 21 cents was for.